GKRELLM MAILCHECK and SOUND
The mail configuration file of the Gkrellm system monitors ( giga cool ! ) could give you a major headache, particularly with the sound notification.
It's surprisingly simple though.
On the setup tab of the mail section:
- Mail reading program = evolution ( or whatever program you prefer )
- Notify ( sound ) program = "/usr/bin/play /home/bruno/sounds/newmail.wav
" ( needles to say: the path to your soundfile is up to you ) If "/usr/bin/play" gives problems you can use "/usr/bin/artsplay" too
- Check local mailboxes = 300 sec
- Do remote checks every = 2 minutes
On the mailboxes tab:
- Select "remote mailbox" and you can fill in the pop server, username and password. Press add and do the next one if you've got more then one mail address to be checked.
The rest of the tabs won't give you any problems.
Now sit back and wait for the mail to arrive !
-- Apr 30 2003 ( Revised Dec 15 2005 ) --